Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving at Aunt Dottie's

Boy, did I have a great time. We had plenty of food and drink. We went to Daddy's sister's house, my Aunt Dottie. We had tons of food and lots of good conversation. Aunt Dottie's chicken and dressing tasted like Mama Gladys's.

I miss my grandmothers so much. Mawmaw Young died in 1973 when I was too young to lose her and Mama Gladys died in 1986. Thankfully, Mama Gladys (Daddy and Aunt Dottie's mother) got to see and experience a lot of my accomplishments. I'm still mourning their losses.

However, I'm thankful for the Thanksgiving days I had with them. Now, more on my Thanksgiving trip to Aunt Dottie's ...

My cousin, Lanie (Shelaine) has done a fantastic job with her son Kyle. Intelligent, thoughtful, well-spoken, Kyle (right with Mom Lanie) has turned out to be a handsome, personable young man.


Lanie and her husband Stanley (below) have a farm not far from Tupelo where they have a corn maize open to the public each fall.

They've done a great job cutting themes into the corn each year.

Check out their web site:
http://www.wisefarmer.com/.


My cousin Shane (right), who is Lanie's "little" brother, has a gorgeous family.

Shane's wife Vicki (below) could be a model. (That's a New York Runway Walk if ever I saw one!)

This is Shane and Vicki's oldest child, Kenzie (right). Kenzie's only in the tenth grade but she could easily be America's Next Top Model ... except something tells me that Vicki and Shane would NOT let her be on Tyra's show, at least not at age 15 (even though she looks like she's 20).

Vicki and Shane have two more children (left) and they have their hands full with Abby and Lane. Lane is almost two years younger but as tall as Abby. These two clowns kept me busy Thanksgiving day. I loved it!


Here's Aunt Dottie's entire crew (below):



Mom and Dad (below) commented on the way back home how much we enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with Aunt Dottie.

Having these two as parents might explain why I'm so crazy!?!?!?!



Anyway, it's good to have family to spend the holidays with. Thanks for including us, Aunt Dottie. I love you.



Oh yeah, what would a Mississippi get-together
be without plenty of sweet tea?

No comments: